Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dodgy


For those who don't know already, "Dodgy" is THE word of the moment. And its been a long time coming. I mean, terms such as "seedy" (so 1990s underground), sketchy (so prep school) or "shady" (soooo ghetto-fabulous) just don't quite make the cut when it comes to describing the guy in the floor length trench coat and long stringy hair staring at you from behind the baking aisle, or the Japanese restaurant with nondescript menu items such as "special sauce."

Anyone who's anyone is saying it, take British supermodel Agyness Deyn for example, who was featured in this week's New York Magazine talking about blaming her scrubby rock star boyfriend for getting strip-searched at the airport- "I was traumatized and really angry at Albert, who got strip-searched as well. I was like, 'It's all your fault! It's because you look dodgy!" Also caught sporting the term recently was Jewish Australian Princess Natalie Freidin, who used it descriptively at the East Village hot spot Bondi Road last Sunday- "$18 for brunch and unlimited Mimosas?! What are they putting in these drinks? That's just dodgy!" Now impress your friends and be the first to use it in your neighborhood. Just don't use it to describe my mad blogging skills.

2 comments:

  1. You are so fabulous Ruby and I miss you with all my heart! I am your number one blog fan and I think that earns me a phone date with you:-) Call me soon hun, I'm waiting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ruuuby you're making me want to start a blog dammit. why didn't i think of it first? and yes, japanese special sauce is dodgy just like the "crazy roll." know what else is dodgy? an adult sleeping on an air mattress every night. zzzzzzing.

    ReplyDelete